Thursday, March 7, 2019

Peer Review

Today in class we did a peer review of our projects so far. We were all split into groups in order to hear feedback on our project while our partners heard feedback from other groups. I was a little nervous to share our ideas because I'm scared people will not like them, but I found that the exercise helped not only my project, but my confidence in my ideas.

We started off by taking turns in a circle saying if we were doing a film opening or a magazine. Then we became discussing the plot ideas that we were thinking of doing. My group isn't super far into the plot but we did have a general idea we wanted to work out. Since we want to start out with the girl burying the body and then flashing forward, we wanted to to figure out a way to establish that she's crazy from the start. We were trying to squeeze too much information into the few minutes we had and we weren't sure where to cut it out. The group I worked and reviewed with was so encouraging and helpful. I initially thought they would think the story line is too dark, but instead they loved the mature mystery of it. They also helped give advice such as how to make the scene way shorter and how to give off signs she's crazy in the flashback.

When I met back with Sara and Lauren, my group members, I found they heard valuable advice as well. Using all of our learned insight, I think we can really fix the errors in our project and make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment