Thursday, March 14, 2019

Day 1 of Filming!

Hi blog! So today was our first day of filming for our project! I was a little bit nervous that we wouldn't have enough time to prepare since we didn't expect to film this week but we've been working hard to gather everything necessary to start filming. Sadly one of our group members Sara is very sick and had to stay home to rest and couldn't make it to filming.

I was in charge of getting the camera and equipment. Our teacher gave us a contact of someone at BECON TV who I was able to speak with and get him to lend us a video camera, microphone, and lighting equipment! I had borrowed equipment from him before so I knew the quality was exactly what we needed to make our project the best it could be. While Lauren went to go buy the dirt and white dress, I went to go get the equipment. It was quite a drive but I think it'll be worth it.

In class, Lauren and I worked on making the missing poster of Christian. She found a template while I found a clear photo for her to use as his missing picture. I have attached a photo of it at the end of this blog post. We had also discussed how Lauren should do her hair and makeup for the scene. We decided she should look very distressed so it is more believable that she just killed someone. When I picked her up to go to Regional Park to film, she had done what we had talked about. Her makeup was very dark and smudged while her hair was messy and not put together. We got a large white t-shirt to make into a dress and cut slits and added dirt to make it disheveled.

Christian was unavailable to shoot that night but since we weren't planning to show his face in the scene anyways, our friend Sebastian came to step in as the body. He was very useful in helping me set up the lights and camera equipment while Lauren made the dirt plot for the body. It took us around an hour and a half to two hours to get all the shots necessary for the first part of our opening scene.

Here are the photos of the missing poster and of Lauren in her full costume:


No comments:

Post a Comment